Football season is upon us! Whether your loyalty is to a college or NFL team, everyone loves to show off their team pride. But how do you incorporate your love for your team without turning your apartment into a typical man cave?
- Purchase throw pillows that only feature your team’s logo or mascot on one side of the pillow. This will allow you to turn over the pillow to hide or display as needed.
- Comfy fleece team blankets are great for cozying up for a great movie, but it doesn’t need to remain out on the couch all day every day. Find a great basket for throws and blankets to tuck them away when not in use.
- Limit your signed memorabilia such as pictures, framed jerseys, bobble heads, etc. to one small area of your apartment. Although Aaron Rodgers may be your hero, it shouldn’t look like a shrine, so only display a few of your most favorite items.
- Use nice team-themed kitchen and dining items. You can find everything from a spatula for the grill, appetizer service set, tumblers, and even a toaster. Team slow cookers are a great conversation piece for game day parties.
- Take it easy on paint. If your apartment community allows you to paint your apartment, you may want to steer clear of painting your team colors on your living room walls. I love Bronco orange, but I don’t think it complements many living room décor looks.
- Wear your team colors regularly! Keep your favorite hoodie or t-shirt on hand for game days or gatherings with friends!
Residents of our UDR apartments in Dallas love their Cowboys and the 12th man flag flies proudly at our Seattle apartment communities. Which team colors do you fly proudly? How do you display your team pride without appearing over the top? Share your ideas for team decor in your apartment.