During the holiday season, you will likely have friends or family come to visit. Whether you have a dedicated guest bedroom or they are spending the night on a pull-out sofa sleeper, you want them to feel at home. Use our handy guide full of must-haves for holiday guests to ensure that they are as comfortable in your luxury apartment as you are.
Clear Out the Clutter
Let’s face it: the guest bedroom often doubles as a home office or acts as a catch-all for all of the random things that you don’t know what to do with. It is important that your guest room is clean and clutter-free. Empty out the closet so that they have a place to hang their clothes, conceal boxes behind an arm chair angled in the corner and make sure that outlets are easily accessible for them to charge their cell phone or plug in a hairdryer.
Climate Control Options
The ideal sleeping temperature is a highly personal thing. Be sure to have extra blankets somewhere nearby their bed, as well as a space heater and/or a fan, depending on the climate you live in. You might even want to provide a hot water bottle during the cold, winter months to keep their tootsies toasty. Guests will be delighted with this unexpected touch.
Don’t Forget the Small Stuff
The bed and blankets are the biggest must-haves. But there are countless small things that can make your guests feel more at ease while staying in your home. You might want to:
- Lightly mist the bedding with lilac linen spray
- Place coasters on the nightstand or next to the couch along with a clean glass
- Plug in a nightlight to help them navigate their way to the bathroom in the middle of the night
- Put new toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, etc.) and clean towels in a basket for them
- Spruce up their sleeping area with a festive wreath or some fresh flowers
- Stock your refrigerator with their favorite food and beverages for easy snacking
Creating a comfortable space in your apartment and providing a few extras will make your guests feel at home.
Are there any special touches that make you feel more welcome while staying in someone else’s home? Let us know!