‘Tis the season for gifting goodies! You don’t have to spend a fortune or complete a complicated recipe to let your neighbors and coworkers know that you are thinking of them. All you need is a few hours in the evening or on a weekend and some simple ingredients to bake dozens of delicious sugar cookies perfect for gift giving. Here are 12 of our favorite recipes, in no particular order.
- No-frosting Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies – Everyday Food
- Easy Sugar Cookies – Good Housekeeping
- Soft Christmas Cookies – All Recipes
- Classic Christmas Sugar Cookie Cutouts – Betty Crocker
- Melted Snowman Cookies – Delish
- Sugar Cookies – Martha Stewart
- The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe – The Recipe Critic
- Best No-Roll Sugar Cookies – Betty Crocker
- Super Soft Sugar Cookies – Six Sisters’ Stuff
- Peppermint-Chocolate Sugar Cookies – Martha Stewart
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies – Cooking Classy
- Reindeer Sugar Cookies – One Little Project
Of course, presentation is just as important as the recipe itself! If you opt for something round like the Best No-roll Sugar Cookies or the Reindeer Sugar cookies, all you have to do is stack some in inexpensive mugs, place the mugs in a festive cellophane bag and tie it with a ribbon.
If you bake roll out cookies and use a cookie cutter set to shape them into mittens, stars or other holiday shapes, place them on a disposable red plate and slide the plate into a Ziploc bag.
Be sure to include a sticker or gift tag with a short message or saying. You might want to consider:
- A sweet thank you from me to you. I appreciate everything you do!
- Merry Christmas from your “crumby” neighbors.
You can also find plenty of premade printable tags on Pinterest.
It’s also a good idea to include a detailed list of ingredients with the cookies to prevent potential allergy problems.
Planning to try some of these recipes? Pin this post so you can quickly find and reference it later.