Deeply smoked, seriously luscious brisket. Glistening, tender ribs that give up the deep, sultry flavor that comes from a long time in the pit. Sausage with a snap of skin, a lash of heat, a whisper of smoke. Barbecue is one of my favorite parts of summer. And Texas barbecue is the best. We all know it. In Dallas, barbecue specialties include beef brisket and pork ribs, along with a variety of Southern sides.
So here is a rundown of DFW’s best BBQ spots:
- Cousin’s- For about 30 years now, Cousin’s has been the best barbecue place in Fort Worth. The tangiest ribs this side of anywhere at all, you should really skip all other meats and order this meat with an incredibly tangy and super-sharp rub, cooked to perfection.
- DWP Grill MD- You need to see a doctor, and D.W.P. Grill MD has just the prescription for you: Sugar Cookie Brisket. It’s called Sugar Cookie Brisket because of the sweet, buttery deliciousness created by the mixture of sugar and fat on the bark. Served up by pitmaster Doug, this brisket will have you feeling better in no time.
- Lockhart Smokehouse– This classic Texas smokehouse serves up juicy cuts of meat the old-school way. With brisket and sausage to die for, a crazy craft beer selection, and unique specialities- be sure to bring friends and enjoy the afternoon!
- Longoria’s BBQ– This place is as Texas as it gets. Fantastic shack in the middle of nowhere serving up delicious brisket sausage. Need I say more?
- Pecan Lodge– Nothing to say except: LEGENDARY. The setting isn’t much to look at, but Justin and Diane have turned a simple Farmer’s Market booth into a tourist attraction using only word of mouth. It’s that good. Two more words for you- Beef rib.
- The Slow Bone– This new boy on the scene is making waves in the Design District. But this place is not for the peckish. Load up a three-meat tray and then do your best to decide on a seemingly endless array of side dishes- all with plenty of cheese!
- Smokie’s Bar-B-Q- Craving BBQ as you read this but don’t want to get up off the couch? Fear not! Smokie’s delivers!
- Woody B’s Mesquite BBQ- Though it’s mostly a take-out kind of spot, you will want to eat shameful quantities of delicious brisket, ribs, and even smoked salmon from the comfort of your own home.
Ok, you can stop drooling. What are you waiting for? Start EATING!