July is National Blueberry Month, and there’s no better time to make some delicious dishes featuring the fruit. From smoothies to mojitos, to crisps and cakes, we’ve got seven ways to put fresh blueberries to delicious use.
- Blueberry Lime Parfait– Tart, sour, and just a bit sweet, these creamy parfaits make a refreshing summer dessert. Recipe can be found at Delish.com
- Blueberry Brain Boost Smoothie- Studies show that the powerful antioxidants and phyto-chemicals in blueberries may improve cognitive function. And O Magazine has a super recipe. So sip this unforgettable smoothie and you may just forget less!
- Blueberry Mojito- A simple and refreshing recipe for a blueberry mojito cocktail with fresh blueberries, mint and lime from New York Magazine.
- Grilled Blueberry BBQ Salmon– An unexpected combination is a pleasantly surprising and scrumptious dish. Courtesy of Yummly.com and How Sweet it is.
- Blueberry Jamboree– Who doesn’t love New York’s Magnolia Bakery and all of its delicious treats? Well, now you can make one of its favorites — a twist on blueberry pie, called Blueberry Jamboree. Or if you live on the Upper West Side like residents of Columbus Square apartments, walk over to Magnolia for the original.
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake with Lemon Cream- Leave it to Martha Stewart to dress up the classic pound cake with blueberries, sour cream and lemon-cream topping.
- Blueberry Crumb Cake- Excellent for breakfast, dessert, or an extra-delicious snack, this cake is full of fresh blueberries. There are plenty of delicious crumb cakes out there, this one comes from Martha Stewart.
Quite possibly nature’s perfect gift, blueberries are one of the healthiest foods around, and they require no pitting or peeling. These are just a handful of recipes, and there are more to be found in Red White and Blue Food. be sure to share your ideas too!